Vasisthasana is roughly translated in English as Arm Balancing Pose or Side Plank Pose.
The actual meaning in Sanskrit, “Vasishtha” means Wealth and “asana” means pose.
This is a basic level yoga asana which can be performed by anyone.
Vasisthasana stretches your Wrist and Back of the legs.
This will also help to strengthen your Arms, Wrists, Legs, and Navel area.
9 Amazing Vasisthasana Benefits
Here is the amazing list of benefits of this asana.
- It strengthens and tones the arms, core, and legs.
- It will improve focus and concentration.
- This will stretch the back of the legs.
- The sense of balance is improved with this asana.
- This will help stretch your wrists and makes them stronger.
- This will improve the mental and emotional balance.
- This will boost up your confidence and self-esteem.
- From the chakra activation perspective, it opens your heart chakra.
- This will improve your transformative power and decisiveness.
How to do Vasisthasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Vasisthasana.
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.
Follow-up Asanas for Vasisthasana
You can do Adho Mukha Vrksasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Chaturanga Dandasana, Pincha Mayurasana, Salamba Sirsasana, Virabhadrasana, Utthita Parsvakonasana, Utthita Trikonasana after doing Vasisthasana.
Check out the details on how to do Adho Mukha Svanasana.
Note of Caution
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download