- 1 Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Definition
- 2 Practioner Level
- 3 Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Effects
- 4 13 wonderful Utthita Hastapadangusthasana benefits
- 5 Preliminary Asanas
- 6 How to do Utthita Hastapadangusthasana?
- 7 Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Video
- 8 Follow-up Asanas
- 9 Note of Caution
- 10 START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Definition
Utthita Hastapadangusthasana is roughly translated in English as Extended Hand to Toe Pose.
The actual meaning in Sanskrit, “Utthita” means extended, “Hasta” means hand, “Pada” means foot, Angushta means “Big Toe”, and “asana” means pose.
This is an advanced level yogasana which can be performed by the person who is already been practicing the yogasana for a very long time.
Initially you need to focus on improving the balancing positing. Eventually, you will be able to perfect the posture with the regular practice.
Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Effects
Utthita Hastapadangusthasana effects your hamstrings, hips, and inner leg line.
It will especially affect the back, and arm muscles.
13 wonderful Utthita Hastapadangusthasana benefits
- Utthita Hastapadangusthasana help stretches your legs and ankles.
- This asana will stretch your backs of the legs.
- It would help improve your sense of physical and mental balance.
- It increases the power of concentration which helps in meditation practices.
- This boosts up the svadhishtana chakra (sacral chakra).
- You can easily lose weight within a few months of sincere practice.
- It strengthens your ankles and leg muscles.
- If you are facing any digestive problems, this yoga asana will be able to cure them.
- This helps in relieving the anxiety.
- It strengthens the nervous system.
- Your physical body gets revitalized.
- It will open your hips.
- Your focus level can be improved with the regular practice of this asana.
How to do Utthita Hastapadangusthasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Utthita Hastapadangusthasana.
Utthita Hastapadangusthasana Video
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.
You can do Parivrtta hasta padagusthasana, Natarajasana, Uttanasana, Adho mukha svanasana, or Bhujangasana after doing Utthita Hastapadangusthasana.