Ujjayi Pranayama Definition
Ujjayi Pranayama is roughly translated in English as ocean breath or hissing breath.
Ujjayi in Sanskrit is referred to as “Victorious” or to “Conquer”.
This is basic level pranayama which can be performed by anyone.
You need to limit the number of breaths to 5 maximum as a beginner.
Over a period of time, you can increase the number of breaths.
Ujjayi Pranayama Effects
Ujjayi Pranayama main focus is to keep the body warm and the mind cool.
16 Amazing Ujjayi Pranayama Benefits
Below are the scientific benefits of Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Ujjayi pranayama will help with kundalini awakening.
- focus power will drastically be increased with this pranayama.
- Practicing this pranayama will help you with physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
- Ujjayi Pranayama will help the physical body to get rid of the toxins stored for a long time.
- Spiritual heat will be generated over a period of time.
- Ujjayi Pranayama can also help in releasing tension and anxiety.
- Positivity will be increased. You develop a positive attitude.
- Clears arteries blocks too.
- Controls the cholesterol.
- Ujjayi Pranayama will completely diminish the headaches and curing of the sinus problem.
- Overcome Thyroid problems.
- Concentration power will increase.
- The body becomes lustrous and healthy.
- Respiratory diseases will be cured over a period of time.
- Ujjayi Pranayama will increase blood circulation throughout the physical body.
- The most important advantage of this ujjayi pranayama is to increase the self-awareness.
Sitting Asanas for Ujjayi Pranayama
How to do Ujjayi Pranayama?
Ujjayi Pranayama Video
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the pranayama on how to perform it.