- 1 Message to the World
- 2 Path of Enlightenment
- 3 How did Shridhara Swami experience Enlightenment?
- 4 Guru of Shridhara Swami
- 5 About Samarth Ramdas
- 6 Spiritual Practices Shridhara Swami Followed
- 7 START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
- 8 Shridhara Swami Enlightenment Experience
- 9 Great Yogis talking about Shridhara Swami
- 10 Shridhara Swami Videos
- 11 Download Shridhara Swami Teachings
- 12 Shridhara Swami Best Quote
- 13 Shridhara Swami Ashram Details
- 14 Be Blessed by the guru Shridhara Swami
About Shridhara Swami
- Date of Birth – 7 December 1908
- Place of Birth – Chincholi, Karnataka, India
- State of Living? (Samadhi or Alive) – Samadhi on 19 April 1973, Sagara
Message to the World
Shridhara Swami’s aim in life was to simplify the complex Vedic teachings into a form which is easily understandable by laymen.
Shridhara Swami’s core message was about uncluttering the thoughts and be open to free the mind with absolute silence.
Path of Enlightenment
Shridhara Swami followed the path of Knowledge (Mantra Sadhana) and Devotion.
How did Shridhara Swami experience Enlightenment?
Since he is an avadthuta who is a born enlightened. He did intense tapasya to realize his true nature after meeting his guru Samarth Ramdas in his subtle body.
Through chanting the holy name of Lord Shri Rama, he attained enlightenment.
Guru of Shridhara Swami
About Samarth Ramdas
Samarth Ramdas was a Marathi poet and a self-realized spiritual guru. He used to compose poems which were spreading the teachings of Advaita.
Samarth Ramdas famous text was Dasbodh.
He was an ardent devotee of Lord Hanumana and Lord Shri Rama.
Spiritual Practices Shridhara Swami Followed
He was chanting the Holy Name of Lord Rama always.
Mantra Sadhana was his core spiritual practice.
Before his visit to Samarth Ramdas Samadhi place in Sajjangad, he wrote down the following on a piece of paper and submitted to the fire as an vow.
- Will remain a bachelor to the core till death.
- Will not touch money, even if given forcefully to poor or for a good cause
- Will not become the head priest anywhere
- Will keep my needs to a bare minimum
- Will not differentiate between men and women
- Will consider every woman as my mother
- Will spend my life for the benefit of society by all means
- Will try my best to revive the religion to make the world happy.
He offered himself to the god for all his actions to be made by God alone.
Shridhara Swami Enlightenment Experience
Shridhara Swami is an avadhuta and born enlightened.
He lost his parents and elder brother at a very tender age of 10.
He left his school for his spiritual search.
On suggestion from his school teacher, Shri Palnitkar Guruji he went to Samarth Ramdas samadhi place named Sajjangad.
Sajjangad is a place where Samarth Ramdas spent the last days of his life.
Shridhara Swami meets Samarath Ramdas in his subtle body and based on his suggestion, he took a spiritual tour across south India to spread the teachings of Advaita vedanta.
He then spread the message across south India for about 12 years and took sannyasa in 1942 in Shigehalli.
Great Yogis talking about Shridhara Swami
Swami Sivananda (Divine Life Society) of Rishikesh about Shridhara Swami
Shridhara Swami had done intense tapasya (Spiritual Practice) for 8 months in Uttarkashi.
Swami Sivananda immediately recognized the radiant soul and invited him for his ashram.
Swami Sivananda told his disciples that he had walked a lot and met a lot of gurus. But, found no one as “Tejasvi” (radiant being) and “Tapasvi” (Great Meditator) like Shridhara Swami.
He also told his disciples that Shridhara Swami is an “Akhanda Brahmanishta” (a person who is celibate for 12 years without a break) and “Purna Gyani” (Complete grip on the knowledge of Soul).
Swami Chinmayananda of Chinmaya Mission about Shridhara Swami
Swami Chinmayananda of Chinmaya Mission once met Shridhara Swami’s direct disciple named Swami Nityananda. He offered pranams and said to Nityananda that “Your Sadhguru is this worlds greatest treasure. There is no limit to his Divine powers and Tejas. I have realized this myself.”
Anandamayi Ma on Sadhguru Shridhara Swami
Anandamayi Ma on meeting Swamiji declared that “We are all walking up the hill of ‘Paramarth’. The path is narrow and extremely difficult. Established on the top of the hill is seen Sadhguru Shridhara Swami Maharaj.”
Shridhara Swami Videos
Shridhara Swami Footages
Here are glimpses of the divine master Shridhara Swami.
Shridhara Swami Songs
Here is a beautiful song by Shridhara Swamy. Just listen to it with headphones on to bathe in the divine ecstasy.
Shridhara Swami Pravachana in his own divine voice
Listen to the soul-stirring discourses on different layers of the soul.
How the soul takes the body and gets caught up in the worldly life.
Shridhara Swami has given the scientific and yogic explanations about the concept of god, soul, life, and life after.
Note: This is in the Kannada Language.
Life of Shridhara Swami Documentary Videos
Source: Light Age Masters.
Shridhara Swami Best Quote
Shridhara Swami Ashram Details
- Ashrama Name – SHRI SHRIDHARASHRAMA
- Ashrama Place – SHRI SHRIDHARASHRAMA – SRI KSHETRA VARADAPURA E.J. Mane Post, Sagar Taluk, Shimoga District, Karnataka 577401
- Phone Number – 08183-236166
Be Blessed by the guru Shridhara Swami
The details put up here are to bring about the awareness of the guru and their noble teachings to the layman’s understanding.
SoulPrajna is not responsible for any monetary involvements related to the organizations mentioned over here in any way.