Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Definition
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is roughly translated in English as Bridge Pose.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana meaning in Sanskrit, “Setu” means dam or bridge and “Bandha” means lock, “Sarvanga” means “all body parts”, “asana” means pose or posture.
This is an intermediate level yogasana which can be performed by the yoga asana practitioner from quite a bit of time.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Effects
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana gives a soothing massage to the abdominal muscles.
12 Amazing Benefits of Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- It helps in stretching the chest, neck, and spine.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana helps in calming down the brain.
- It helps improve the power of diestion.
- This asana would help relieve menstrual discomfort.
- The tired legs can be rejuvenated.
- It relieves the symptoms of menopause.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana helps alleviate stress and mild depression.
- It helps cure asthma, high blood pressure, and sinusitis.
- This asana tones up the neck and spine.
- During this asana, lungs are opened up which helps in resolving the thyroid problems.
- Pregnant women can be greatly benefited from this asana.
- Blood circulation will be improved with Setu Bandha Sarvangasana.
How to do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Video
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.
Follow-up Asanas for Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Note of Caution
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download