Prasarita Padottanasana Definition
Prasarita Padottanasana is roughly translated in English as Wide-Legged Forward Bend.
Prasarita Padottanasana meaning in Sanskrit, “prasarita” means stretched out or expanded or spread, “pada” means foot, “ut” means intense, “tan” means to stretch, and “asana” means pose or posture.
This is an advanced level yogasana which can be performed by a yoga practitioner who is been practicing the asanas for a long time.
The perfection of this asana will happen over a period of time with dedication and regular practice.
The reason why we say advanced practitioner is that you would have increased the flexibility of your body and firmness in your posture with a regular practice of yoga asana for about 1-2 years.
Prasarita Padottanasana Effects
Prasarita Padottanasana gives a brilliant effect to your Abdomen, Vertebral Column, and Hip Flexors.
13 Prasarita Padottanasana Benefits
- Stretches your lower body to an extreme level.
- It helps refresh your mind instantly.
- It help relieves your backache.
- Increases the power of digestion.
- Elongates the spine and help you have an erected boy posture.
- This yogasana actives your subtle energy centers especially crown chakra (highest energy center).
- With regular practice of Prasarita Padottanasana, one can completely get rid of headaches and insomnia.
- This will help control the blood sugar level.
- It improves flexibility in the joints.
- Strengthens your feet and lower body part.
- The mind can be turned inward with this Prasarita Padottanasana.
- It can be used to come out of depression and stress.
- Gives your heart rest while encouraging the movement of stagnant.
- This yoga posture helps to be more receptive and sensitivity increases.
How to do Prasarita Padottanasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Prasarita Padottanasana.
Prasarita Padottanasana Video
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.
Follow-up Asanas for Sarvangasana
Note of Caution
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download