Navasana is roughly translated in English as boat pose.
Navasana meaning in Sanskrit, “Nava” means boat and “Asana” means pose or posture.
This is an intermediate level yogasana which can be performed by anyone who is already started off with yogasana from quite a bit of time.
The perfection of this asana will happen over a period of time with dedication and regular practice.
This is a beginner level of Naukasana. This instills the balance in the human body.
Body should be in V shape like a boat to perform this Navasana.
Navasana gives a brilliant effect to your Abdomen, Vertebral Column, and Hip Flexors.
- Navasana Stimulates kidneys, intestines, prostate glands, and thyroid.
- You can perform this Navasana to bring your distracted mind to a state of equipoise.
- It makes your spine, hip, and flexors stronger.
- It acts as a stress reliever.
- Navasana helps you understand yourself better as it affects your psychic level of the mind.
- It makes you strong both physically and mentally.
- Navasana helps you improve your pranayama practices as it improves your breathing quality.
- It will help you stabilize your mind and focus can be improved.
- Hamstrings are being stretched by this asana.
- Reproductive systems get strengthened and toned up.
- Back problems can be controlled and cured.
- Treats navel displacement problems.
- Help with body weight loss in a healthy way.
- The hormonal system can be balanced with Navasana.
How to do Sarvangasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Navasana.
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.