Murcha Pranayama Definition
Murcha Pranayama is roughly translated in English as ocean breath or hissing breath.
Murcha in Sanskrit is referred to as “Victorious” or “to Conquer”.
Prana is not air as we might just think it is. It is more than that. Do check out the guide on Pranayama for more information.
This is basic level pranayama which can be performed by anyone.
You need to limit the number of breaths to 3 maximum as a beginner.
Over a period of time, you can increase the number of breaths.
Murcha Pranayama Effects
Murcha Pranayama main focus is to keep the body warm and the mind cool.
13 Amazing Murcha Pranayama Benefits
- This will help the practitioner to experience the subtle sensations of euphoric feelings.
- It will help your mental energy to get boosted up.
- The mind becomes very calm and brings a feeling of extreme joy and non-existence.
- The feeling you can get with regular practice can be equated to the feeling of floating.
- It is an excellent preparatory practice for deeper meditation sessions.
- Murcha Pranayama will help turn your mind inward.
- Psychic states of consciousness can be experienced with regular practice of the pranayama.
- The practice of this pranayama brings clarity on the gap between the mind and the body.
- It relieves you from mental pressure, tension, anger, and neuroses.
- This will increase the level of pranic vibration within you and benefit your pranic healing sessions.
- Your focus level gets increased that will help with meditation practices.
- It directly affects your Central Nervous System positively.
- This will help in stimulating the autonomous nervous system.
Sitting Asanas for Murcha Pranayama
You can sit in any of the sitting asanas such as Padmasana or Siddhasana before doing Murcha Pranayama.
If you do not want to sit in any of the asanas mentioned above, you can sit in the most comfortable asana called Sukhasana.
How to do Murcha Pranayama?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Murcha Pranayama.
Murcha Pranayama Video
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the pranayama on how to perform it.
Follow-up Pranayama for Murcha Pranayama
You can do any of the pranayamas mentioned on the list.
Do check out each of them to know in detail about the pranayamas.
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download