Mula Bandha Definition
Mula Bandha is roughly translated in English as Root Lock.
Mula Bandha in Sanskrit also has the same meaning that is Moola is “Root” whereas mudra is a “seal”.
The true purpose of applying this bandha is to trigger the kundalini energy from the bottom of the spine.
The main physical effect of this bandha is that it stabilizes your physical body.
At the energy level, it would help you stabilize the energy throughout the system.
This is a basic level bandha which can be performed by anyone.
You can use the yogasana mat suggested below and the yoga dress for your convenience and sit in a comfortable posture and then you can start applying the bandha.
Mula Bandha Effects
It helps in balancing the energy in the energy system and strengthens the root chakra.
Mula Bandha brings vitality to the physical body and higher sexual power.
Mula Bandha is a preliminary bandha for the next stages of bandhas.
You should practice this bandha regularly till you come to a stage where you can hold this bandha for 5-10 minutes without a break.
You can make use of this bandha to increase the effects of pranayama and meditations.
12 amazing benefits of Mula Bandha
How to do Mula Bandha?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Kapalabhati.
- Sit comfortably in your suitable asana or posture.
- Relax your mind and body with few deep and long breaths.
- Place your hands on your lap or your case use dhyana mudra if you want..
- Consider the below scenario to give you a rough idea on how to exactly perform this bandha.
- Imagine if you are in a hurry to pee and find no restrooms to pee.
- In this kind of situation, you try to hold the muscles near the sexual organ.
- This is almost similar to the bandha you are going to apply.
- Keep the breath as smooth as possible.
- Slowly exhale the breath.
- Remember any pranayama or bandhas you are performing, you should first exhale the breath.
- Inhale the breath slowly and smoothly. Contract the perineum muscle and hold the breath for a few seconds.
- Move your attention to the perineum part.
- Release the perineum while slowly and smoothly exhaling the breath.
- Repeat this procedure for 10 times initially.
- As you progress you can slowly increase the count of the locks.
- Once you master this bandha, you can even hold the mula bandha for more than several minutes of time.
Mula Bandha Video
Follow-up bandha after Mula Bandha:
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download