Mandukasana is roughly translated in English as Frog Pose.
It’s meaning in Sanskrit, “Manduka” means frog and “asana” means pose or posture.
This is a basic level yogasana which can be performed by anyone who has been just started off with yoga asana practices.
It gives a soothing massage to the abdominal muscles.
14 Amazing Benefits of Mandukasana
Below are the scientific benefits of uttanasa.
- It helps in the smooth functioning of the abdominal muscles.
- Weight can be controlled with this Mandukasana.
- It helps in stimulating the pancreas.
- The dislocated navel can be corrected.
- A very good exercise for the heart.
- It helps control diabetes.
- Mandukasana enhances kidney and liver functioning.
- It burns the fat from the belly. hips, and abdomen.
- It will strengthen back, hips, ankles, and knees.
- Digestion power will be drastically improved with Mandukasana.
- It helps overcome stress and anxiety.
- Regular practice of Mandukasana helps in the impact of menstrual cramps.
- Helps release the unwanted gases from the stomach.
- It soothes the abdominal muscle which helps you keep your mind calm and relaxed.
How to do Mandukasana?
Here is a step by step procedure on how to do Mandukasana.
Please do watch the below video for better clarity on the asana on how to perform it.