Eka Pada Koundinyasana is roughly translated in English as One Footed Pose.
In Sanskrit, Eka means One, Pada means Foot, and Koundinya is a rishi who had a wealthy cow named “Kamadenu” so it is roughly translated as “Wealth”, and Asana means pose.
This asana has two variations, one is Eka Pada Koundinyasana A and Eka Pada Koundinyasana B.
This is an advanced level yogasana which can be performed by the person who is already been practicing the yogasana for a very long time.
These asanas require a degree of balance within yourself that comes over a period of the regular practice of the asana.
You can use the yogasana mat suggested below and the yoga dress for your convenience.
This will affect your arms, wrists, abdomen, and spine.
8 wonderful Koundinyasana benefits
Below are the scientific benefits of koundinyasana.
- It massages the abdominal organs.
- This will rejunivate your spine.
- It helps strengthening your shoulders.
- This will help you get a flat stomach.
- It brings about a great body control and awareness.
- This asana opens up new spiritual and physical experiences while performing the pose.
- It will help overcome your fear and weakness.
- This asana will improve your inner strength, concentration, and balance.
You can do Adho Mukha Shvanasana, Uttanasana before doing this asana.
How to do Koundinyasana?
Koundinyasana A Video
Koundinyasana B Video
Follow-up Asanas for Koundinyasana:
You can do Adho Mukha Shvanasana, Baddha Konasana, Halasana, Salambha Sirsasana, or Utkatasana after doing Koundinyasana.
Check out the details on how to do shirasasana.
Want to be a Yoga Expert?
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download