About BKS Iyengar
- Date of Birth – 14 December 1918.
- Place of Birth – Bellur.
- Awards Received – Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri.
- State of Living? (Samadhi or Alive) – Samadhi on 20 August 2014.
Message to the world from BKS Iyengar:
Many moderns use their bodies so little that they lose the sensitivity of this bodily awareness. They move from bed to car to desk to car to the couch to bed, but there is no awareness in their movement, no intelligence. There is no action. Action is a movement with intelligence. The world is filled with movement. What the world needs is more conscious movement, more action.
Path of Enlightenment
How did BKS Iyengar experience Enlightenment?
BKS Iyengar’s Guru Name:
Sri T. Krishnamacharya.
BKS Iyengar Guru’s brief introduction::
Sri T Krishnamacharya was from Chitradurga who taught yoga to BKS Iyengar and suggested to spread the awareness about the yoga to other parts of the world.
Guru Sri T. Krishnamacharya is also called as “Father of Modern Yoga”.
Brief Introduction to the Spiritual Practice BKS Iyengar followed:
Ashtanga Yoga is said to be having 8 limbs to it.
Following are the 8 levels through which one liberates from his birth cycle which is generally referred to as Moksha.
- Yama – Rules and Regulations
- Niyama – Rituals to be followed
- Aasana – Postures that will prepare the physical body to experience the truth
- Pranayama – Elongating the breath to calm down the mind.
- Pratyahara – Refraining of sensory organs and perceptions.
- Dhaarana – Fixing the attention on an object of meditation.
- Dhyaana – Prolonged state of focus on the object of meditation.
- Samadhi – Complete absorption in the object of meditation to be one with it.
START YOUR SPIRITUAL SADHANA TODAY!
Want to learn more about the different Spiritual Sadhanas to practice at your Home? Get an Ebook worth Rs. 499 ($6) for Just Rs. 99 ($3) to practice at your home for overall well-being.
Get an e-Book on Spiritual Practices & Methods to improve your material life.
Bonus: FREE Checklists, Templates, and Resources along with eBook provided.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD!Prajnatma eBook Download
BKS Iyengar Enlightenment Experience:
“ I can live, “I” is the soul here, I can live in that capital without any shake or observed any movement in the intelligence of my mind but that is not my aim in life. My aim in life is that I have suffered and I should share this knowledge with others so that I know I’m having liberation, I know what freedom is but some of that my mind says no please share whatever you have got so I come back to my life and if you leave my I go back to that original “I”. I have suffered, I don’t want the world to suffer so as far as possible can I build them up, can I give them something so that they can live happily. ”
~ BKS Iyengar
Disciple Experience about BKS Iyengar
Walden after meeting her master got the suggestion that to go beyond the physical. BKS Iyengar taught more practical ways to experience enlightenment. BKS Iyengar also says that to reach the state of enlightenment one should have tremendous strength, concentration, and willpower. From his perspective, it is like going from skin to the soul. Walden from her own words says “And that has worked beautifully for me since I was so disembodied and scattered and wanting instant gratification.”
An Excerpt from the Light on Yoga Book
“The popularity of yoga and my part in spreading its teachings are a great source of satisfaction to me,” Mr. Iyengar says.
“But I do not want its widespread popularity to eclipse the depth of what it has to give to the practitioner.”
The purpose or goal of asana is to align and harmonize the physical body and all the layers, or sheaths, of the subtle emotional, mental, and spiritual body.
This is integration.
But how does one align these layers and experience integration?
How does one find such profound transformation in what from the outside may look simply like stretching or twisting the body into unusual positions?
It begins with awareness.
BKS Iyengar Best Quote
Yoga Center Details:
- Yoga Center Name – Bellur Iyengar Yoga Center
- Yoga Center Place – Ramamani Nagar, Bellur village Near kamat Hotel, NH4, Belur, Karnataka 563133
- Phone Number – 093412 14037
Be Blessed by the master BKS Iyengar
- Place – http://bksiyengar.com/modules/Institut/institut.htm
- Website – http://bksiyengar.com/
- Contact Number – +91-22-2494 8416
- Latest Events – http://bksiyengar.com/modules/Institut/institut.htm
The details put up here are to bring about the awareness of the guru and their noble teachings to the layman’s understanding.
SoulPrajna is not at all responsible for any monetary involvements related to the organizations mentioned over here in any way.